Complexity And Policy Studies Conference CAPS 2020
May 18 - May 20
BRINGING RESEARCHERS AND PRACTITIONERS TOGETHER TO ADVANCE SOCIAL GOOD IN A COMPLEX WORLD
Plexus Institute is all too familiar with the failure of social policies based on the reliance of outdated linear approaches to manage disruptive, emergent processes. The result often leads to institutional disarray and failure with direct consequences on the lives of individuals and their communities. This cross-disciplinary conference connects researchers, practitioners, and funding organizations to the most promising ways to fund projects based on research and applications from the field of complex systems and public policy.
The CAPS 2020 Conference focuses on advancing social good with a special emphasis in 2020 on issues of equity and gaps in access to basic needs or technologies. For example:
- How can analytical techniques that embrace complexity illuminate the heterogeneous impacts of policy?
- How can policy making be improved by understandings derived from complexity studies?
- How can we use our emerging understanding of complexity, human action, and adaptive social systems to the benefit of individuals, societies, and all of humankind?
- How can knowing more about the complexity that shapes our personal relations, collective action, and the sustainability of social institutions lead to healthier lives and increased well-being?
- When and how exactly do complex systems approaches outperform traditional approaches?Can complex systems approaches help to identify root causes of inequity and point to levers that avoid future exacerbation?